The Mayan Princess Hotel has reopened to help our community and to offer comfortable and convenient options if accommodations are needed.
Our goal at Mayan Princess Hotel is to provide affordable options for Belizeans. As such, we are happy to offer a Staycation Special of $90 USD per night. Our rooms are spacious, clean, and offer convenient amenities for those looking for an escape.
Our dedicated team takes great pride in maintaining high standards of cleanliness. In consultation with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other government-mandated procedure, we have implemented the following measures:
- Social distancing stickers are installed on the lobby floor.
- Protective plexiglass barriers are installed at the front desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available at check-in.
- Front desk and lobby touch points are sanitized more frequently.
- Front desk employees wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when social distancing is not possible.
- Credit card terminals are sanitized more frequently.
- While your room will be immaculate upon arrival, due to government protocols, daily housekeeping has been suspended.
- All housekeeping employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Housekeeping continues to use hospital-grade cleaning products in our rooms.
- All glassware and appliances in guest rooms are sanitized.
- All touch points in guest rooms are sanitized upon check-out including light switches, door handles, furniture surfaces, phones, remote controls and more.
- Towels and linens are washed with hospital-grade detergents at high-temperature.
- Room keys are deposited in a secure drop box located outside of the office. They are then sanitized prior their next use.
- Room receipts are emailed to guests.
- We ask that guests and staff maintain a minimum of six feet (two meters) of distance from one another.
- All employees are receiving ongoing training from industry professionals and health officials.
- When appropriate, staff are provided with additional protective equipment, including high quality non-surgical masks.
- We are implementing mandatory procedure requiring staff to stay home if sick.
Working Together and Doing Our Part
We recommend that guests and staff observe the preventative best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, after coughing, and after sneezing.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue away.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- * Please note that our processes are continually evolving as a result of the guidance we receive from government, industry, and health organizations. As such, our measures, and all of the information provided on this page are subject to change without notice.